Monday, January 13, 2014

Nighttime Walk

Moving in the dark, He speaks to me
Over the sound of the wind-
Through the wind.

He walks with me, He talks with me.
I tell Him my worries,
He speaks love.

I'm sorry, I've damaged again,
I mutilate, I tell Him. See, I mutilate
What I touch.

A wicked witch, I groan, yes, a beast
This fairy tale cuts me down,
My heart sinks.  

I contemplate, I gaze inside, inspect all corners.
Blackness, darkness, wretchedness
Covers all.

His hand comes as the wind whipping my hair,
"Uncover these eyes," He commands.
Scales fall hard.

They say the sun can dazzle, its fire too much to bear
What brightness it boasts falls short.
Oh, this light!

There is good in the blackness, there is good
In my depths, there is cleanness, brightness,
There is good.

I know it is Him, all Him. I whisper,
"What good is in me, is You, my love,
It is you."

They say the sun can dazzle, its fire too much to bear
His smile beams, a thousand suns
Shine on me.

I bask, I warm. His arms surround.
Whispers travel as clouds, enchantments
Brush my ears.

"'Princess' is hardly enough, 'Queen' can't compare.
What shall I call you,
My Beloved?"

I look behind, for surely He speaks to another.
But no, Charming's gaze, like magic
Draws my own.

They say true love's first kiss is all in all,
I know, they are close, but that is too small.
I know it.

"This prince's happy ending has not yet come."
He waits for her, He says- for me.
Still He waits.

What reward can my prince hope for?
For all these years of bitter waiting?
He smiles still.

"Turn the pages, Princess, look through them, Queen.
See the story's ending. See it coming-
E'er after."

Bliss, bliss, yes this. The Prince is waiting
For his prize. The battle was fought,
Blood ran swift.

Bliss, bliss, oh, more than this!
The pages flutter, the pages flip.
He reaches

He takes my hand, away we run, the Prince and I, 
His prize, I, his bride, I, His happily ever after. 
Close the book-

The story is here, in the wind that rushes
His caress tells me I am (can I speak it?) I am-
Beautiful

That is all I need, that is all I know.
My name is Beauty, not the Beast.
The wind blows. 

4 comments:

  1. Here you have painted a picture that resonates! Thanks for posting and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for allowing us a glimpse into your heart. What a way Good has given you with words. I especially love the last stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful, Adiel.

    ReplyDelete